Kickstart your day with a healthy smoothie that is good for the brain! A healthy brain food diet is essential for better memory, improved cognitive functions and focus. There are certain brain foods that are more powerful than others such as:
- Raspberries: Has memory enhancing flavonoids
- Acai Berry: Has more antioxidants than any other berry
- Almonds: Has natural mood-enhancing neurotransmitters
- Blueberries: Rich in antioxidants and improves memory function
- Walnuts: Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that improves learning and memory
- Yogurt: Contains high levels of CLA which reduces the effects of stress on the brain
- Bananas: Helps regulate moods and supports cognitive functions like focus and memory
- Honey: Help reduce inflammation to maintain a healthy brain and clean up the free radicals
- Apples: High is quercetin, an antioxidant that helps with mental clarity by protecting the brain cells
- Spirulina: A powerful antioxidant and protects the brain from damage caused by lead and other heavy metals
Here is a perfectly sweet, refreshing & invigorating smoothie that makes the most of these foods!
- 1 ¼ cup apple juice (organic)
- ½ cup yogurt (organic)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries or blueberries (organic)
- 1 TBSP * Acai berry
- 1 TBSP natural honey
- 1 TBSP walnuts or almonds (chopped small)
- 3 TBSP Spiru-Tein Protein Powder or 2 TBSP spirulina
- 5 ice cubes
Place all ingredients, except the ice, into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Add ice and blend for another 15 seconds.
Pour into desired glasses. Decorate with fresh mint sprig or fruit of choice! Serves 2.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein, Gluten free, Raw
Copyright © mecheshier. Find More Recipes and “Green” Blogs at Living Green Newsflash.