This recipe is yummy AND good for you!
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ” piece of lemon peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Blend the lemon peel with 2T of the olive oil in the Vitamix until smooth. Add the spinach, basil, pine nuts, cheese (optional), garlic, salt, pepper and the lemon juice. Blend on high for 15 seconds, while drizzling the remaining olive oil into the container.
Serve over hot pasta and enjoy!
Photo Credit: Katrin Morenz